Re: [RTTY] Model 19 and 28

To: n6pe@yahoo.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Model 19 and 28
From: Wa3frp <wa3frp@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:27:27 -0400 (EDT)

My WA3FRP vintage RTTY station (Teletype Model 28ASR, ST-6 Demoulator, Collins
R-390A, Collins T-440) is probably the only station that would qualify at this
point.  It has been years since I worked another "Greenkeys" RTTY station on HF
radio.

This issue about DXCC RTTY is no big deal, in my opinion.  ARRL set the stage
for this change many years ago when digital modes other that RTTY qualified for
DXCC RTTY. And, I can understand why ARRL didn't want the administrative
headache of certifying each new digital mode for a separate DXCC endorsement.

But, this makes me realize that BARTG (QCA), CQ Magazine (WAZ RTTY), DARC (EURD
& WAE) and SARTG (WSRY Award) did it right when they specified that their RTTY
endorsement was for only RTTY.

73
Russ