Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:32:25 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:30:59 -0700, "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com> wrote:

>Good for you!  One less person to compete with when I run 1500 watts in the
>next RTTY contest.

REPLY:

If you think about it, 1500 watts is not really all that much power in the world
of short wave radio. Folks who are serious about short wave (like the VOA and
other foreign braodcasters) run 50,000 watts and up as well as high gain
antennas to increase their signal even more.

Compared to the big boys, 1500 watts is QRP.  :-)

Don't get me wrong - I do not advocate illegal power. 1500 watts is plenty for
me.

73, Bill W6WRT