Re: [RTTY] PC components suitable for radio room use?

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PC components suitable for radio room use?
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:42:04 -0500
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 16:36, Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The most critical items in my experience seems to be the LCD and the PC power
> supply.

AFAIK, my current, 7 year old LCD isn't noisy (built-in chokes on the
VGA cable).  I don't anticipate replacing the display, though I'm sure
it will go and I'll switch to DVI or DP.  But not yet

> Some help is to be had on the if the FCC B listing is shown on the power
> supply.  Sticking to the serious name brands and the higher end stuff seems
> to offer some benefit as well.

Class B, I assume - thanks, I'll look for that.  But that's just it.
What constitutes serious?  Surely, many hams have empirically
discovered which are good and which aren't - where are we sharing that
info?

As for ferrite, I want to start off with a quiet system to minimize
the RFI detective work later.  That's part of the reason I'm keeping
the 10 year old or so all-metal Antec case.