Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 download & instructions Confused

To: "K3RWN" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 download & instructions Confused
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:13:55 -0500
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of K3RWN
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:50 PM
To: rtty@contesting.com

Maybe I have not been following this thread closely enough, but my MMTTY has
a AA6YQ FIR 512 profile.  It that the current version?  I plan to give it a
try in the BARTG.

>>>There's only one version of the AA6YQ-FIR-512 profile.

>>>Keep in mind that this profile is optimized for decoding weak RTTY
signals. Since it requires accurate tuning and contesters often prefer to
keep AFC disabled, you might limit its use to situations where the station
you are chasing is relatively weak and warrants the extra time required to
tune precisely (or briefly enable AFC).

   73,

        Dave, AA6YQ