Re: [RTTY] Interface Problems

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Interface Problems
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:46:31 -0600
Hello Ed,

Here's a link to a PDF file that shows the CW / FSK / PTT interfaces I
have built. The schematic shows you how to use an LPT port or a 25-pin
or 9-pin serial port.

*http://tinyurl.com/27z3bf3*

On a parallel port there are 8 data lines (pins 2~9). When you look with
your o'scope, and when using EXTFSK, you will find Data 0~3 (pins 2~5)
all change state together. Likewise Data 4~7 (pins 6~9) change state
together.

What this suggests is that you do not want anything tied to the 6 unused
pins in the range of pins 2~9 on the LPT connector or funky things can
happen.

Also, you can assign "Data 0~3" and "Data 4~7" to either FSK or PTT, as
you wish, from within EXTFSK. It also allows you to invert the logic
from the menu, if necessary.

Good luck.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN