[RTTY] Why is 40 Meter contesting in CW segment?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Why is 40 Meter contesting in CW segment?
From: Gordon Bousman <nw7d.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 17:55:28 -0800
I'm wondering if it would not make more sense on 40 meters to have RTTY
contesting up in the traditional .80 to .100 segment of the band rather down
in the 7030 to 7050 CW portion where we have to co-mingle with CW ops?  The
.80 - .100 segment seems to be completely vacant much of the time and seems
like a wasted band segment today.  I know that some CW ops tend to get very
irritated with the RTTY contesting in the 7030-7050 portion.  If I
understand it correctly, some DX countries were required to operate down in
the lower section but now with the recent changes to 40 Meters band plans,
would it make sense to try and move up to the 7080-7100 portion so that CW
ops and RTTY contesters are not QRM'ing each other?

73, NW7D