Re: [RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports - SOLUTION!

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports - SOLUTION!
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:45:17 -0600
Bill, sorry, you recall wrong. As the contest sponsor and receiver of scores
and
soapbox comments, there were no complaints about excessive errors. To the
contrary, the only complaints were the exchanges zipped across the screen so
fast the operators were not used to the quick pace of TX, RX, and LOG.
Please don't manufacture (false) facts to support your beliefs.

Shelby, you're certainly correct, if I come across a 45 baud RTTY signal my
100 baud setting won't decode it. But I am wondering where has the spirit of
experimentation and technology advancement gone in ham radio? You recited
the "we've always done it this way" paradigm. Who says anything has to be
broken before we can "try something different"?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN