Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY

To: Jack West <w7ld@theriver.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:11:30 -0500

Jack West wrote:
> Rich,
>
> You must be one hell of a good operator!

Not hardly. Take a look at my claimed score on 3830 before you say that!

Seriously, the ability to do SO2V in RTTY depends mainly on two things:
hardware (a radio with two receivers capable of receiving simultaneously
on different parts of the band or on different bands); and software (two
separate windows, one for each receiver, each showing the last 40
seconds, say, of text received - a right-click with the mouse in either
of the windows sends your call sign on that window's frequency).

If you want to see how a good operator uses SO2V, listen to some of the
recordings on N1EU's web site. He does SO2V in CW and SSB and can keep
up QSO rates of 150 QSOs/hour while S&Ping. That's way out of my league.

> I wish I was younger.

Yes, so do I - but on the other hand I'm having a lot more fun now in
retirement than I was having before I retired!

> 73 de
> Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"

73,
Rich VE3KI / VE3IAY