Re: [RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY contest questions and comments
From: "Stephen Carroll" <scarroll@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:18:32 -0500
> Why do so many stations take so long to switch from RX to TX ???

Well, now that you mention it... let me "open up a can of worms".  Let me
first start by stating this is MY personal observation, and should not be
construed as an attack on any one person or an entire group of individuals.
That being said, what I find most frustrating in a contest is getting a good
run going and having to wait on somebody who's utilizing SO2R while he/she
works somebody on his/her other radio. Yes, I've used SO2R in the past and
know this delay is usually from an inexperienced operator who still has
his/her 'learner's permit' and not one of our Indy Pro drivers. Though I do
notice it to some extent even with the 'best of the best' operators. It may
only be a 2 or 3 second delay, but that adds up when the band is smoking and
you're on a roll trying to work 'em like crazy.

There's no real solution, I'm just howlin' at the moon !!  See ya'll in the
next contest.

73, Steve - AA4U