[RTTY] RTTY problems with one radio

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY problems with one radio
From: "Bill Axelrod" <bill@axelrods.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:54:10 -0500
I have a RTTY problem that popped up out of the blue.  My FT-1000 MP MK V
suddenly stopped shifting  between mark and space on FSK RTTY.

This is my second radio in a SO2R station.  The other radio is an Orion 2.
I use a MicroHam MK2R+ for  interface between the two radios and the
computer.  My choices of software are N1MM logger, the DX Lab  Suite with
Win Warbler, and MMTTY stand-alone.

I haven't used the FT-1000MP MK V on RTTY since the last RTTY contest I
played in.
 Have been using the Orion for routine RTTY ops.  This morning I decided to
get ready for next weekend's  CQ WW DX RTTY and practice my SO2R a bit.  So,
I started up the N1MM logger.    I hadn't changed any  settings anywhere so
I didn't anticipate any problems.  My Radio 1 (Orion 2) works just fine.
Radio 2  (FT-1000MP MK V) did not.

All indications seem normal.  The rig keys and puts out a clean signal.  It
just doesn't shift between  mark and space.  The digital window of N1MM
logger shows a diddle or text while I type being sent.  The CW/FSK light on
the MK2R+ blinks as it should.  The indications on the MK2R+ Device Router
ports panel look normal for FSK operations,

I have unplugged and re-seated each cable between the computer and MK2R+ and
between the MK2R+ and the  FT-1000MP.

I tried using N1MM Logger, MMTTY stand-alone, and then Win Warbler.  Same
issue.  I had taken screen  shots of each option and setup window of all
three software applications and also of the MK2R+ Device  Router (7.2.4) in
the event I had inadvertently changed a setting somewhere.

Am sure I'm missing something simple.  Any ideas?

Thanks and 73...   Bill ND9E