[RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
I am an active RTTY'er and always wanted RTTY added to Fieldday (FD).  I got my
wish a few years ago and spent most of FD on RTTY.

I found that there wasn't too much activity.  I did make about 224 Q's but the
FD Chairman didn't like me tying up a operating position and 20 meters.

So bottom line, if you are having a casual FD and not worried about score or
what class you are in, then by all means get on RTTY.  I have found that Sunday
Morning was the best time as most the FD station are just getting back going.
20 Meters is the only band with much activity.  Trying to work RTTY on 40 and
80 will all the CW FD stations was just about impossible.

Joe K0BX
Will be operating W0MA W0McDonnell Aircraft on FD.

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.