Re: [RTTY] EU1SA, AA6YQ profiles in MMTTY

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] EU1SA, AA6YQ profiles in MMTTY
From: Phil Duff & Ann Duff <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:26:30 +0000
I've used the "hyper sensitive" profile for the last few years and it
seems to have always worked very well.  But I've rarely seen this
profile mentioned until I noticed it in Dave's Excel spreadsheet.

I've not done any real A-B comparisons of this profile other than
switching profiles back and forth in one WinWarbler window which isn't
much of a test so maybe some of the other profiles work as well or
better.  It just seems to work well for me and from eyeballing the
tuning window and the the XY tuning indicator the filters seem a bit
narrower than others.

Some good comparisons of the different profiles performance would be
most informative.

73 de Phil NA4M

Dave AA6YQ wrote:
> I use the EU1SA profile when DXing, and find it generally outperforms the
> standard RTTY profile. The AA6YQ profile is a tweak on the EU1SA profile to
> further sharpen its filters.
>
> Running two instances of MMTTY on the same PC, if that's what your were
> doing, may be an "apples and oranges" situation. I would run them on
> separate-but-equal PCs before drawing any conclusions. Or better, use Moe
> AE4JY's channel simulator to evaluate each of the profiles under defined
> conditions, as Chen W7AY suggested here earlier. That project has been on my
> to-do list ever since Alex VE3NEA publicized his initial results, but
> somehow never gets near the top...
>
> Improvements to MMTTY's RTTY decoder along the lines that Chen suggested are
> on the same list.
>
>     73,
>
>          Dave, AA6YQ

Phil Duff NA4M & Ann Duff