Re: [RTTY] Best RTTY program/hardware

To: <n6pe@yahoo.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Best RTTY program/hardware
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:36:52 -0000
Rick,
 1. RITTY
 2. Truetty
 3. Fldigi
 4. MMTTY, MixW
I have ran 2-4 side by side in quite a few contests with RITTY. I would say
RITTY has a 20 percent higher copy rate. In my RU score last year of 1500
q's or so Ritty pulled in 290 more Q's than one I was testing at the time.
This was all on the air test, no lab here.
As far as hardware I use an old tired Win95 machine and a MFJ-1279 for the
interface.
RITTY is the best for weak signal copy. If the bands are open the other 3
will copy great.
73
Charles/kk5oq