Re: [RTTY] U.S.A CONTEST

To: "Phil Snyder" <n9lah@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] U.S.A CONTEST
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:23:05 -0400
There are in Writelog under "Show Multipliers" 48 (!) north American Mults
(Countries or Entities whatever you prefer) otside of USA and Canada. Should
be one more - FS-Bartolomew, but I have older WL version.
And 63 US States and Canadian Provinces.

Out of 48, I only worked Derek on two bands, this is it. Was looking for him
on other bands, but got no luck at this time.

Usually, in other Contests, there are at least two dozens of North American
Countries (outside of K/VE) are active and can be worked from continental
US.

Why these countyries do not participate in NAQP RTTY? I dont know... Lack of
advertisemnt maybe? Rules are not attractive for them? Who knows...

73's Andrei NP3D

2008/7/21, Phil Snyder <n9lah@comcast.net>:

> I guess I never really thought about where North America stopped. I just
> figured Canada, US and Mexico made up North America and after that it
> was Central America  until you hit Columbia. I worked anyone who called
> me, you never know when you have missed a band for RTTY DXCC. Even
> though I gave some of the EU stations a sequential serial number, it was
> tough getting names from them. I guess next year if the two contests
> fall at the same time again I will have to make some type of macro
> stating "I will give you a number in exchange for your name". Maybe
> somewhere in the rules,  probably under Section 5, they can list what is
> considered the North American Prefixes.
>
> Phil
> N9LAH
>
> Derek Steele wrote:
> > I can say that I experienced the same thing like Luis - HP1ALX during the
> contest. In S&P mode I was not answered by at least 4 stations and had 2
> other stations QSY a few Hz down and start calling CQ again after I had
> called them on their original frequency. So I decided not to S&P anymore and
> just called CQ after that and finished the contest earlier than planned.
> > There was one station in particular who I did apologise to for calling
> him after he was not too keen to give me a report. I would also like to
> apologise to anyone whose toes I did step on or aggravate during the
> contest.
> > I know that it is indeed a contest mainly for U.S. participants, but at
> least the courtesy of an answer would have been nice.
> > Anyways, I did have a blast and will like to say thanks to all those who
> called in and hope to see you next time around. Thanks Andrei and  Shelby
> for calling in.
> >
> > 73's  - Derek - J39BS

> 12:59 PM

73's Andrei