[RTTY] Plaques

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Plaques
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:58:19 -0700
I must admit that I really enjoy reading about the various plaques and who
is winning what.  As the co-founder of two premier RTTY contests one of
which once offered up over 45 plaques all sponsered pretty much by the RTTY
Contest Community it is outstanding that we recognize both the winners of
the plaques as well as the folks who are behind the plaque. (They pay money).

Recently we got spoiled by the wonderful sponsorship of the ARRL RTTY
Roundup Plaques by Mountain West Rado who picked up every plaque not
sponsored for two or three years.

Now I must admit it looks like we will need to pickup some more sponsors
for those ARRL Plaques.  I am sure that Sean the ARRL Contest man can sell
you one for next year if you are interested.  I just signed up for one not
long ago.

Ron, K5DJ, was the champion of arm twisting in the old WW WPX contest and
he also made all the various unique plaques for many years.

So keep the public thank you's going I say.  I just hope that folks are
also thanking the people directly that are doing the plaque giving as well.