Re: [RTTY] new to RTTY

To: <k8sm@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] new to RTTY
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:46:27 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:25:06 -0600, <k8sm@windstream.net> wrote:

>I am new to RTTY, actually I operated some years ago with an old AEA unit.  I
>am using a RIGblaster Plus now and I'm enjoying this mode.  I would like to
>get into some casual RTTY contesting, nothing real serious.  What is the best
>software out there for contest operation and logging?  Is there something out
>there that I can operate RTTY with and use for contesting?  I am currently
>using TrueTTY for my everyday RTTY program.
>
>Scott, K8SM

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I recommend N1MM Logger for RTTY contesting. It is completely free and
very capable. It does have a steep learning curve, but you only have to
learn it once. There is a support group at yahoo groups with some very
helpful operators. http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/

There are some other programs available with a semi-contest mode but
they lack some features.  Most often they do not flag dupes. N1MM Logger
is full-featured and handles everything you could possibly want to do.
When the contest is over you can create an .adif file which you can
import into your regular logging program.

73, Bill W6WRT