[RTTY] Spotting

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Spotting
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 10:02:17 -0700
I think that most likely the mystery of the spotting is contained in this
little piece that I clipped from a DX list.

>I spotted some stations when running in the CQWW-SSB last weekend in
error. The
l>ogging program (N1MM) was set to spot all S&P Qs but I had neglected to
tell
>N1MM I was running. I don't believe most contesters do this intentionally
as a
>"self-spot".

Phil correctly pointed out that N1MM wasn't the culprit.  The culprit is
always the operator.  Since some of this was in CQWW I certainly wonder if
the stations using packet entered the assisted class of operations.