[RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:34:28 -0500
Sure, I'll grab the ladle and give it a coupla turns... (you knew I would,
didn't you?)

I think the SO2R (Single Operator Two Radio) moniker is a misnomer. I have 6
radios that I can "turn on" and use. So the descriptor is misleading. SO2R
should really designate "Single Operator Two Receivers".

It doesn't matter how many physical boxes (radios) you have. The fundamental
issue is the ability to operate "full duplex" as Chen W7AY pointed out. My
position from the beginning has been any station that does not run "full
duplex" is at a serious disadvantage in a contesting situation.

The discussion always roams off into areas of hardware, skills, and choice.
These are all irrelevant. If you have a finite time to pass as much information
between point A and point B, a duplex circuit will move the most data every
time.

Hmmm... so the FlexRadio will allow SO3R operation from one box?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

http://k0rc.spaces.live.com
http://czudek.spaces.live.com
http://chudek.aberon.net