Re: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

To: RTTY List <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:22:22 -0700
W9OL wrote:

> I hope to run my new SDR5Ka this weekend (Writelog dual contest mode).
> Now does that qualify as SO1R-2rcvr mode?

Since the single receiver on the Flex-5000 is fully duplex with the
transmitter, it means that you can already be simultaneously
listening on one band while transmitting on another.

You are almost full SO2R even with a single receiver if that is how
you choose to operate.  By some definition that I've read,  i.e., the
ability to listen while you transmit, you already are SO2R.

While we have the capability to simultaneously transmit and receive,
we don't yet have the capability to simultaneously receive on two
bands until the second receiver for the Flex-5000A goes on sale next
year.  At that point you will become SO2R by anybody's definition.
Again, only if you elect to operate that way.

Together with other advantages not present in traditional SO2R set
ups, will people be espousing the need for a SO-SDR class?:-)   SO-
single-decoder, perhaps? :-).

73
Chen, W7AY