Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>,"'RTTY'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:09:14 -0400
> Two-radio operation is most common on RTTY and that is what
> Joe and I and the others are kicking back and forth.

Speak for yourself.  All of my comments have been in regard to
SO2R as an operating technique totally independent of the mode
of emission.  That should have been abundantly clear by the
comparison of the gains going from 10 WPM to 40 WPM in CW or the
gains available in "the old days" by learning to send CW with one
hand and write with the other.

As Chris says: "the determining factor is the operator, not the
technology."

Any operating technique, so long as it is within the rules (e.g.,
only one transmitted signal at a time) should be treated equally
regardless of mode.  The only reason for an operator to choose
one technique over another is his ability to use it to improve
his score.  To reject the use of a technique by another operator
has no place in radiosport.