Re: [RTTY] Using Windows Contesting Software on a Mac

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Using Windows Contesting Software on a Mac
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:59:21 -0500
On 8/16/07, Ed <k4sb@comcast.net> wrote:
> Peter Laws wrote:
> snipped
>
> > MS offers VirtualPC (originally created by Connectix).
>
> =====================
>
> Well, let me just say one thing about Virtual PC. I bought the
> disks, and it completely screwed up my hard drive.
>
> Luckily, I keep a "Ghost" image on another drive, so I restored
> both C and D, and threw that bunch of trash out.

We had it on my wife's G3 PowerBook years ago under OS9 so that she
could run MS-Windows 3.1 to use certain features in WP that weren't
otherwise available.

Worked great  ....  but the Windows printer drivers could not see the
Brother parallel printer connected to the USB converter plugged into
the Mac.  :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin