[RTTY] Cluster abuse!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Cluster abuse!
From: "pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:37:39 +0000
Hi all,

Just a quick one before I post my thoughts on WPX.

We had a previous thread going relating to self-spotting, but this weekend, I
saw a different variation on this theme!

I was monitoring the cluster, and kept seeing my own call being spotted on a
different band to where I was operating.

I checked a couple of these dubious spots, and saw the "spotter" calling CQ on
that frequency!

OK, this in itself is not necessarily a problem in itself, but it caused me a
great deal of confusion on 40m yesterday afternoon, when I was running a goodly
pile, and then noticed a spot for my call way down the band.
I then had lots of folk querying my call, and generally giving me grief!

My rate went down from around 90+ right down to 35, which annoyed me immensely.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP