Re: [RTTY] Unclaimed QSOs were deleted from Cabrillo file

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@pclink.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Unclaimed QSOs were deleted from Cabrillo file
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:23:23 -0500
At 02:54 PM 1/22/2007, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:
>Hello Jerry,
>
>You said: "Whazzup with that? Those two stations
>I worked don't deserve any NIL
>penalty just because I screwed up logging the
>exchange! And I don't(?) deserve a penalty either."
>
>Your statement contradicts itself! You admit "I
>screwed up" but  then you said "I don't deserve a penalty".
>
>Please explain why you do not deserve a penalty?
>My understanding is a penalty is dealt out when
>an operator makes a mistake, miscopies a call or
>exchange, or otherwise "screws up". Otherwise, what's the point in penalties?

Because:

1: I should be able to file my contest entry
including only those contacts I desire to claim.

2: I should be able to send in a check log for
those contacts I worked but do not desire to claim for contest credit.

Did I explain it well enough?

My understanding is a penalty is dealt out when
an operator attempts to claim credit for a non-qualifying QSO.

My only screwup was in that I lost the ability to claim credit for the QSOs.

Jerry W4UK