Re: [RTTY] Answering CQ's

To: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Answering CQ's
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:03:47 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:45:08 +0200, "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)"
 <ep@plicht.de> wrote:

>#2 is
>mucho better. I know _my_ callsign very well. I want to know his or hers...

I should point out that putting your call first is not for you, it's
so other stations on frequency will know who is being called. It
happens often that two stations are on the same frequency calling CQ
and can not hear each other. Sending your own call only is going to
get a reply from both.

Having said that however, it is rare enough that I normally send only
my call.

Bill, W6WRT