Re: [RTTY] RTTY Hall of Shame

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Hall of Shame
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:17:44 -0400
ws7i wrote:
>  You must be kidding me guys.  If you're a ham and don't know about
>  the 14.100 beacon's then perhaps you should turn in your license.

...or perhaps not. I know about the beacons and was not in the contest,
but I think you may be being a little harsh. Not everyone (as you seem
to presume) is a DX'er or cares about propagation...and there is no end
to "special" net frequencies, Pactor/maritime mail boxes, W1AW (but only
at certain times), etc, etc.

It would be a wonderful world if every ham knew every little thing about
-everything- to do with ham radio or never got caught up in the heat of
a contest (and had to "turn in their license" otherwise), but that's not
reality.  If everyone who committed that kind of a "sin" did turn in
their license, I'm afraid you would have very few people left to talk to.

Maybe the (in)famous W2 geezer was right when he once said...

"No lids, no kids, no space cadets. No K's, no WA's"    ;-)