Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:22:27 -0400
Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>  You may not like the guys who can effectively handle SO2R

Joe..."liking" the guys who do SO2R is *NOT* the point. I like everybody
(except when they resort to name calling and sarcasm).

I think it is truly great that they [SO2R operators]  have the
knowledge, money, real estate and skill to do what they do. Bless them,
one and all!

What *is* the point is that,  by the admission of a top contester, there
is a clear advantage of SO2R (even though we may debate whether it is
25% or 40% or ?? %). Therefore, many of us are contending that there
should be an SO1R *and* an SO2R category. This is no different than
having an LP/HP class, a concept no one apparently has any trouble
understanding. Why is it so difficult to grasp the SO (1-2) R concept?????

BTW, as an alternative, I still think Bill's idea of  "Basic" +
Unlimited classes is a great idea.

73,
Carter K8VT