[RTTY] So2r debate

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] So2r debate
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:35:12 -0500
I don't have a horse in this race. But I do have one comment.

I keep seeing the phrase 'Level Playing Field'.

After playing in the last few WRTC championships, I definitely learned one
thing.
'There ain't no such critter!'

I'm not talking about op skill. Even though the host countries tried to supply
stations as
similar as possible for all contestants, I still noticed dramatic differences
in signals.

In this last WRTC, there were stations that had a distinct signal advantage
over others.
This wasn't a 'at one time' situation. I noted a consistent advantage to
certain stations.

So much for 'level playing field'.

Make whatever rules, classes, you wish, it won't LEVEL the field, just make
MORE fields.

(still have my firefighting gear, flame away)

Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better
have a good
hand. Mae West