Re: [RTTY] Answering QSL's

To: "'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@verizon.net>,"'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Answering QSL's
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:34:21 -0500
Hi Tom,

When you say 'bring up the log' do you mean a contest log or your station
logbook? Most all modern station logging programmes make it easy to track
QSL cards (or LoTW QSL's) so like the rest of the gang I vote for checking
the logbook.

All my contest logs get imported into my station log just for the simple
reason it is a handy way to track the status of both paper QSL's and LoTW
QSL's from all contests. With the station log (DXBASE), when I get a QSL
request is relatively easy for me to check the card against the log, then
tag it for printing a card or even an address if needed and then send them
off as a batch run.

I have to thank Goetz - DJ3IW for the hint to return the NIL cards. I did
not realize I could return broken QSL's via the buro.

Thanks for the contest Q's,
73 Eric - VE3GSI.