Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster- worth the money?

To: "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rigblaster- worth the money?
From: "Mike Wood" <mike.wood@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 20:51:30 -0800
My main interest with a rigblaster or similar interface is the fact that you
can have multiple features in one box.  The way my setup is now, I can
either use CAT or digital modes, but not both.  Lack of ports and such are
keeping me from using rig control while going digital.  I have tried several
configurations and none seem to work as of yet. And yes, my CI-V unit is
homebrew.

Having to change my freqs manually during a contest is very time consuming.
Turn the dial, reset the freq to match on the computer and make the next
contact.

I just thought that it would be really neat to have all my stuff, mic,
paddle, interface, CAT, routed through one box.  Would make working a
contest much easier and save the growing rats nest of cables behind my rig.