Re: [RTTY] XE RTTY Contest

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] XE RTTY Contest
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:52:59 +0000
At 01:26 PM 2/4/2005 -0800, Bill Turner wrote:
>On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:40:29 -0500, NB1B wrote:
>
>>The XE RTTY Contest this weekend- can packet be used?  There is no Multi
>>type entries, but nothing is stated about packet.
>
>The rules 'should' be more specific, but I think it's generally agreed
>that packet constitutes an assisted, i.e. multioperator, category.

I would suggest that you contact the contest administrator directly and
inquire. Many, many RTTY contests do not specifically allow packet but if
you contact the admin they will tell you that they don't care one way or
the other.

I have several of these on file from different contest managers.  So you
may well be able to use packet and operate the contest at a disadvantage,
if and only if you think packet might give you an advantage!

Bill's suggested generally agreed is not at all what I found when I
contacted many managers prior to formulating the original WPX rules and Ron
K5DJ and I wrote.   Which is why contests like the WPX expressly allow
packet and so state it.  Most small contests don't have the room to write
long rules.  And many managers think that people do what they want anyway
and turn an eye....

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by F-Prot using Declude Anti-virus ]