[RTTY] Bright Idea #99

To: "RTTY GROUP" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Bright Idea #99
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@olypen.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:29:43 -0800
Hi All,
     I have been reading with interest the comments on using FSK.  I run FSK
exclusively
on my old Kenwood TS-940 and I love it.  I do not own an amplifier but I would
like to try
one.  Myself being an active ham for the past 50 yrs, I have lots of "junk"
such that I
think I could build one.  The comment that you can run a "Class C" non-linear
amplifier with
FSK really caught my eye.   Sure!   Why not?   It would be like a amp for CW.
The efficiency would be up.  There would be less heat to dissapate.  It would
not have to be Grounded grid and use the ferite isolated filament windings.
Am I on track or what?
Comments welcomed...
de
Jack / W7LD / "Lucky dog"