Re: [RTTY] pet peeve

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] pet peeve
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 06:52:29 -0700
On Oct 18, 2004, at 5:24 AM, Jerry Pixton wrote:
My pet gripe is still those stations calling CQ. You call them. They call you. You call them. They call you. Finally out of frustration you send a report.

I only had one station do that to me. I called him and he simply sent a 2x3 "XXX DE YYY" back to me. I took that to be a clue of what he wanted and punched my exchange button and he replied with his exchange. But then I had to transmit a QSL to tell him that I got his age. Two extra exchanges in total.

As usual, I was only having fun and not racing the clock, so there was no harm done.

I think it is an OM running a psychology test to see how many times he has to exchange call signs with you before you will given him an exchange. Einstein once said that "Insanity is doing something over and over and expecting different results." :-)

73
Chen, W7AY