[RTTY] Another PK232MBX Issue

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Another PK232MBX Issue
From: "John Holmes" <w9ily@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:15:17 -0500
Hi Guys.
I hope that somebody can give me a suggestion of a fix for the following
problem.

I am using the PK-232MBX for AFSK RTTY as I can't use FSK with my old TR-7.
The 232 has NOT been modified using the "4 resistor mod" that I believe
improves the MBX front end.

During this past contest, I was told that I had a "strange" signal and that
my offset was wrong. I asked further and was told that my offset was about
2070. There may also be an inverted image being produced by the unit.

Can anybody give me an idea of what can be done to fix these issues?

Thanks.

John W9ILY