Re: [RTTY] 5bwas rtty

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 5bwas rtty
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:56:13 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Larry L Lindblom wrote:

-> Do I owe you any cards?  I try to respond to all requests but sometimes
-> get a month or more behind in replying.  I have an insane goal of WAS
-> without ever requesting a card!  Mixed mode the only state I still need
-> is WY.  Do you need IA on any bands if so let me know and maybe we can
-> sked.

Sorry to recycle an old thread ... but .... I'm starting to get cards back
from some big SASE mailings I did in Feb and Mar.  I purposely sent out
cards after some of the bigger contests knowing that I'd worked many
stations on multiple bands.

Imagine my surprise when, after sending cards to some well-known RTTY
contesters asking for confirmation on 3 or 4 bands, I get a card back with
only one QSO noted.  Or in one case, the wrong band noted!

Is it because I don't use fancy QSL label software and hand-write all the
QSOs, front and back (with a note on the front asking to check the back)?

Is it because I don't place in the Top Ten box?

How have other folks been able to work 5BWAS or 5BDXCC?  Do I have to
include cash in with the SASE?  If so, how much?  Is $20 enough?  Is that
per envelope or per QSO?  Is it more for RTTY or 'phone?

I know there are some calls that I will not bother working next time
around no matter how loud their signals are.

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9