Re: [RTTY] fluttered signals

To: "Jacques RAMBAUD" <f6bki@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] fluttered signals
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:19:40 -0700
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:34:18 -0000, Jacques RAMBAUD wrote:

>-Is there any other way , or RTTY decoder that are better in this respect ,
>how old TU with discrete filters (88mh) works ?
>-Are the KAM or PK232 better ?

In my experience, MMTTY is much better than the KAM or the HAL DXP-38,
and from what others say, likewise much better than the PK232.

There is a soundcard program called RITTY by K6STI which performs better
than MMTTY, but not by a huge margin.  It is not free - $100.00 -  and
requires MS-DOS and certain ISA-only soundcards, but it is the best of
the commonly available RTTY decoders.  The very high-end HAL products
such as the ST-8000 may or may not be superior to RITTY but I've not had
a chance to test them side by side.

When I operate RTTY contests, I have my main logging computer running
MMTTY and a second computer with the same audio feed running RITTY.
What MMTTY misses, RITTY often gets.  It is rarely the other way around.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW