Re: [RTTY] FSK and TS940

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK and TS940
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:51:57 -0500
On 24 Jan 2004 at 13:36:36 -0000, Tom Homsley, N4WBS said:

>I have a Kenwood TS940 I am trying to set up to run FSK.  Software is
>MMTTY.  Hardware is PC COM1 to RigBlaster Pro to ACC2 (13-pin DIN) on rear
>of 940.  Reports say I have a carrier but no diddle?  One report on
>eham/elmer said the Processor-Out had to be adjusted???  Any ideas?
>Tom, N4WBS

Tom,

I am not directly familiar with the TS940, but if it's like some other older Kenwoods, FSK keying is not done using the ACC2 connector. On my TS850, ACC2 does have pins for PTT, for receive audio, and for transmit audio you can use for AFSK, but there is no pin in ACC2 for FSK keying. There is a separate RCA phono jack on the back panel labelled RTTY. If your radio is like mine, you have to take the FSK keying signal from the Rigblaster Pro and connect it to this RTTY jack, otherwise in FSK mode you will only get a steady carrier.

73,
Rich VE3IAY