[RTTY] ANARTS Portable Call Signs

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ANARTS Portable Call Signs
From: vze27322 at verizon.net (Bill Hellman NA2M)
Date: Fri Jun 13 15:34:02 2003
Okay, it's time I put in my two cents. I think we are overlooking the Awards
section of the ANARTS Rules, which say, "Certificates will be awarded to: 1st
to 5th places in the World, 1st to 3rd places in each of six continents, 1st to
3rd in each country/multiplier in each Classification."

Therefore, stations that do not sign with "/x" designator are competing with
stations in the geographical
districts for one of the three awards awarded to the high scoring stations in
the multiplier district.

I competed in the ANARTS Contest several years ago and I was awarded a
certificate for second place in the "W2" second call area. The first place
certificate was awarded to a W2 in the "W0"  tenth district, who did not sign
as a /0 station.

I suggest that stations operating outside their geographical districts continue
to sign with the portable designator.

Bill Hellman, NA2M
Mohegan Lake, New York