[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum Presentations on the Web

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum Presentations on the Web
From: rkolarik at neb.rr.com (Ron Kolarik)
Date: Wed May 28 00:22:08 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Cooper"

> It was interesting to note that there are differences between each of the
> thoughts, and I guess that is partly due to the geographical locations of
> the three of you.
> I wonder what thoughts someone from the "Black Hole" has on these? Anyone
> care to comment?

Better antennas, a "crunch proof" reciever, more power....in that order.  It's
amazing
what can be accomplished with 50 watts and a good antenna. Moving to either
coast
or South of 41 deg. N would also help....a lot!!

Frustration is being a 6m DXer in the center of ZERO-land.....aptly named I
think :).
Last fall I worked as far East as Italy....once....and it's the same
frustration listening
to all the East coast guys working Europe for the umpteenth time and not a
prayer
of getting out from the "hole" but I still try.  Don't know which is worse,
hours of white
noise or hearing diddles for DAYS after a contest......I'm okay, really I am,
maybe :).

Ron  K0IDT

.