[RTTY] Logic?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Logic?
From: k4ww at arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Thu Feb 13 05:37:00 2003
WA9ALS - John" <wa9als@starband.net wrote: " How do we know about this
reflector"

A RTTY "tutorial",  with contributions from several RTTY contesters, along
with a wealth of other RTTY related information,  has been in place at
http://www.rttyinfo.net/ for more than 18 months!
High contest scores are not gained from working the "initiated", but by
getting  contacts from those "I'm not really in the contest, just giving out
some points" operators! Their concern for anything beyond "their idea of the
contest exchange" is minimal, at best? Sure, "exactly what I was expecting"
exchanges allow us to be more efficient during the contest, however "on the
air chastisements", IMHO, discourage far more than it will benefit?
Personally, I have better things to do, before, during and after the
contest!
How do we get the word out? Post contest imports into my "regular" logging
program, allows me to see "contacts with those never contacted before", as
none of their "personal" information (name/city/state/province/etc) will be
included. At one time, post contest, I would, if I could find their email
address, send each of those contacts an email containing the URL's where
valuable RTTY contesting information was contained, and my "never worked
before" contacts were exceeding 10%!  IMHO, the information has been
available....possibly "WE" just haven't taken the time to "spread the word"?
Endless discussion, on the reflector, among the "initiated", IMHO,
accomplishes very little toward "spreading the word"? Time is a valuable
commodity, and if we care to save time during a contest, we are going to
have to spend some before and after!

C'Ya, Shelby