[RTTY] DE

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] DE
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:12:29 +0000
We are talking about the "K". The space preceding it in your example is
absolutely required. When conditions are poor, I watch the MMTTY waterfall
if I can't hear his carrier clearly. I think dropping the carrier is the
only true test of when his transmission has ended. If he sends a "K" then
remains in TX due to a malfunction, it does me no good to go ahead and
reply just because he sent the "K'.  I haven't been able to come up with a
reason to use the "K", and I have dropped it completely. "BK" as well.
Doesn't the carrier tell all? Maybe I am missing something.

Every buffer I use has a space at the end, intentionally. Almost all have
one at the beginning as well.

Jerry W4UK