[RTTY] RE: second soundcard

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: second soundcard
From: wa9als@starband.net (wa9als)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:31:30 -0500
> However, you don't mention how you got over the usual lack of IRQ's for
this
> extra soundcard.
> Having just set up my "new" PC, I had the joy of trying to find IRQ's for
> the two extra COM ports that I installed (on one board), and now don't
have
> anything spare for an additional soundcard.
>
> Did you have spare IRQ's? I see to think you have extra COM ports, but
using
> USB? Is this the answer to the lack of IRQ's?

You've seen the other posts regarding this during the day today.  I didn't
set any IRQs myself - Both soundcards were PNP, and Windows just handled it.
Interestingly, I just took a look and found the following in Device Manager:

Creative SB Live! Value card - IRQ 9
Creative SoundBlaster AudioPCI - IRQ 9
Dazzle DVC II PCI Device (PCI card for capturing digital and analog video
sound) - IRQ 9

Since I can use MMTTY x 2 with the 2 soundcards above simultaneously,
Windows must be fairly astute about managing IRQ 9!

I don't have my Integrated Sound enabled at the moment, but it wouldn't
surprise me if it used IRQ 9 too.