[RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?
From: w5ec@bellsouth.net (Bill Hawkins)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:05:33 -0500
Hi,
I guess I am one of the few.
In 45 years of radio, I have never had the slightest interest in RTTY.
Then one day there was an article in QST about PSK 31.
I said "I can do that!". So I did and have been on PSK for a couple of
years.
Even got my PSK 31 DXCC in March ( pin says RTTY:-) ).
Then I see that P5/4L4FN is doing RTTY and since I can't get him on SSB
(hate it) I thought I would get on RTTY and try.
I did and after a bit, I got him. Now I enjoy RTTY also.
But I still like PSK as it is more relaxed and not as stressful to me.
Probably is that way to a lot of others and that is one reason the contest
exchanges are slower. Everybody wants to put in their brag file etc.
73
Bill W5EC