[RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:55:34 -0700
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:01:48 +1000, John wrote:

>b.t.w., it may take an extra half a second but in every contest I am in, I
>always return the received serial number (or 'information' as the case may
>be.)

I would respectfully request you NOT repeat back my sent exchange,
especially since it is not required by any contest rules I am familiar
with.

In conditions of heavy QRN/QRM/QSB is easy to misinterpret it for YOUR
serial number.  And when conditions are good, it becomes redundant
anyway.  If I screw up your serial number, shame on me - it doesn't
affect your score in any way, since the contest committee can look at
your log and KNOW what was really sent.  There is no way your score
could be harmed by my error, should it happen.

Repeating the information used to be required in the ARRL Sweepstakes
contest years ago, but was eventually dropped.  I don't know what the
reasoning for dropping was at that time, but nobody seems to be calling
for its return.

73, Bill W7TI