[RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule
From: gord@kron.donetsk.ua (Vladimir A. Gordienko)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:50:36 +0300
> Changing the subject slightly, wouldn't it be a good idea to eliminate
> the RST from contests?  Not just SCC, but all of them.  Either that, or
> require a true RST report?
>
> A few contests already do this and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.
> I'm just puzzled why contest sponsors continue to require such a
> meaningless transmission.  I'd guess back in the early days of
> contesting, most folks did send actual reports but they gradually came
> to realize that 599 was easier at both ends.
>
> Not a big deal, of course, just one of those things I wonder about from
> time to time.
>
> Comments, anyone?
>
> 73, Bill W7TI

I agree 100% with Bill, but I guess in case if you would
like to receive (send) a QSL card confirming your QSO,
you should indicate the signal report in the card, otherwise
this QSO/QSL does not count as valid. I.e. signal report
exchange has to take place for valid QSO.
That is my opinion.
73 Vladimir ("Bob")  UT1IA = EO1I