[RTTY] New 160 meter bandplan

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New 160 meter bandplan
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:14:01 -0500
I'll give it a shot even though I've never had a 160 antenna.
I've made several CW DX QSO's in various contests on 160M by
80M wire.  My best QSO was with CN during one of the CQWW
CQ contests.  It was on the 2nd night right at his sunrise and they
came right back to me.  What a rush!

My first ever 160M contact was on RTTY.  I remember tuning
down there one night for no particular reason and finding a guy
in TX calling CQ on RTTY.  I don't remember when it was (many
many years ago) but it was unique and fun.

There's already MFSK activity on 160.  Unfortunately, like what
happened on the higher bands, the author of the popular program
suggested a 160 frequency that ended up being in the "DX Window".
Yikes!

I'll set my WriteLog sked timer to 0300Z and see you there if I
don't fall asleep first.  Do any of the other RTTY contest programs
have one of those?

73, Don AA5AU