RFI

Re: [RFI] Generac Solar System RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Generac Solar System RFI
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 17:01:10 -0500
If the source of the solar system RFI really is the optimizers, there will be no such things in a generator system. The optimizers are switch-mode boost regulators, apparently running at about 39 KHz. Their purpose is to regulate the voltage from each string of solar panels to compensate for partial shading.

I'd expect the only RFI concern with the generator would be if it uses an inverter. The 22 kW Generac one apparently does not. Of course, there's always the control electronics.

73,
Scott K9MA