RFI

Re: [RFI] is there any hope for a new keurig single cup coffee machine/

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] is there any hope for a new keurig single cup coffee machine/
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 13:32:23 -0700
On 7/25/2024 12:59 PM, bill steffey ny9h via RFI wrote:
any ides to cure the machine short of returning it as defective ????

Hi Bill,

First, wind 11 turns of the power supply cord around a 2.4-in i.d. #31 Fair-Rite toroid. If the PSU is a wall wart or line lump, put it on the AC line side. If that's not good enough, unplug it when not in use.

Or go back to a refined version the Steve McQueen method from one of his great detective movies -- yesterday's grounds using a paper towel as a filter in a funnel. I used that more than once when I ran out of filters for the funnel with real filters that's been my wake-up for at least 40 years!

I heat water in the cup I'm going to drink out of, boil water in an electric kettle, and pour over freshly ground coffee in the filter.

73, Jim K9YC