RFI

Re: [RFI] [cwops] Solar Panels

To: main@cwops.groups.io, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [cwops] Solar Panels
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 07:52:47 -0400
Hi Mark - RFI@contesting.com has a ton of information in this area in its archive.

73, Pete N4ZR

On 4/16/2024 7:44 AM, Mark N5OT - UAND via groups.io wrote:
Sorry this is a little off-topic,

Today I met with an energetic solar panel salesman and need an Executive Summary on CWops' experience with any of the following commercial solar panel manufacturers and products. Since CWops have been discussing this lately, and RFI from solar arrays seems to be pretty rampant, I'm hoping some of youall reading this will have some knowledge to help me:

Solar panels:
Q-cell
Tailsun
Sonali

Micro-inverters:
NEP
SolarEdge
Endphase

Mostly interested in any show-stopper info about RFI.  The system warranty would cover all the other stuff.  Also are these devices covered under federal regulations where the manufacturer/installer/supplier are the ones on the hook to "make it right" when I hear noise on my radio?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

73 - Mark N5OT