RFI

Re: [RFI] Contesters

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Contesters
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:03:28 +0000
I do not contest, period.  I have little tolerance for the spectrum
pollution every weekend and a few during the weekdays with one or several
contests.  I'd rather pursue the technical aspects of the hobby than simply
contesting.  Contests usually boil down to the largest and most aluminum
high in the air on tall metallic "trees" fed with legal power (many,
operate more than legal power - illegally) - BIG $$$$ - which most
"average" hams can not afford, myself included.  Yes, there are hams more
technical than myself but a plethora less.  I suppose there is something
for everyone in the hobby, but contesting and the digital modes, especially
FT8, are not for me.  I'll stick with the technical aspects.

Dave - WØLEV

On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 8:45 PM Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> I know a lot of contesters who are probably more technical than you. And
> I know some who are not.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
>
> On 8/6/2022 11:56 AM, David Eckhardt wrote:
> > Most are just appliance operators
> > to score the highest in any given corntest

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*