RFI

RE: [RFI] TVI

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] TVI
From: Ed -K0iL <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:32:26 -0600
So if you live in CA and have a ham next door and rcv interference; you
call the FCC and they tell you they don't handle interference complaints
any longer; and the ham's hands are tied by law and can do nothing to help?
 Sounds like a powder keg waiting to blow to me.

Even under these circumstances you CAN still do something.  You can provide
information, cooperation and even reimbursement for the ferrites & filters
if you so desire.  It'd be what we call around here, being neighborly.  If
the neighbor refuses, well at least you tried.

The ham is the one who, by virtue of having his license, should have the
technical expertise to help fix problems that arise out of his
transmissions from his station.  (Notice I didn't say "caused by".)  Let
the neighbor put the filters/ferrites on his own equipment per the
instructions.  Anyone capable of setting up such a complicated audio-video
system should be able to do that.  If he paid to have it installed, then
you might find him a tech to do the work.  There's always other options.

Please take no offense at this, but the day that hams take the attitude
that they don't have to do anything to help resolve interference (due to
state law or whatever) is the beginning of the end for ham radio.  They'll
move us out of the HF bands and move in BPL in a flash.

73, de ed -K0iL